I would like to preface this by saying, I love my apartment. I love the location, the building and neighborhood. BUT, I just so happen to live on the corner on a busy street wedged between an elementary school and middle school. It's not so bad considering I am gone for most of the day UNTIL 3 years ago, the City of Burbank decided that they would put a bus stop for their youth transportation program literally in front of my apartment. So before when there would be the occasional Corn Nuts and fruit snack wrappers, turned into my side lawn looking like Woodstock '11 took place while I was gone. It then went to vandalism. Shit hit the fan. Long story short, things calmed down after a bunch of complaining. The trash was still there but the vandalism has ceased UNTIL about 3 weeks ago I was informed by the crossing guard that the kids waiting for the bus took a rock and drug it across the outside of my wall ac unit closing off the air filter system, Nice, right? After calling the Youth Transportation Program direction and basically being told to fuck off and to make a police report ( yeah...my apologies to that cop who had to answer THAT call), I took matters into my own hands. Since the law says I cannot slap the shit out of 14 year olds, I decided to instill the fear....and while doing that, I officially became the crazy lady on the corner with this:
Oh yes, that would be a sign that says "NO TRESPASSING" with "UNDER SURVEILLANCE" above it in gold stickers and a fake webcam next to it. Oh yes, that would be a "KEEP OFF THE GRASS" sign on my lawn. And that would also be my damaged, sad AC unit.
The good news? It has worked. It's so nice to see those angst filled 14 year old hearts still have some room for some good old fashioned fear.
So cut to me home sick ON MY BIRTHDAY (yeah, that was fun) sitting on the couch in my mismatched pajamas and bed head and what do I hear? "ahahhaa a webcam??" This was my moment. I had to take it. And take it I did. It can only be described through visual done by my friend Gavin:
That would be me, perched like a bird on a bench in front of my window with my mismatched p.j.'s and bed head staring at the kids and telling them "I CAN SEE YOU ON MY WEBCAM...YES YOU" all while waving. Yes, I am the crazy lady on the corner at only 28, and I love it.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment