Friday, April 29, 2011

A little cheese with some whine.

I'm going to complain a little bit. I don't care. I'm crampy and cranky. Bear with me.

I love my birth date. It's perfect enough to where it's not too hot and not too cold. I grew up having swimming parties and camp-outs. Only every few years did my birthday land on Mother's Day and even when that happened I didn't seem to care because I think my parents went out of their way to make it my special day.
It wasn't until college age came around that planning my birthday became difficult. Either it was too close to Mother's Day, they had finals, or it was someone elses birthday.
I remember a few years back when my birthday landed on Mother's Day I went to lunch with my mom and we literally argued over who would pay the bill. She ended up paying it but, it was a fight. I get it, I'm not 5 anymore but, it's MY birthday! I skipped having a birthday party last year and went to Disneyland and am now wishing I would have just done the same thing this year. Trying to plan a party when everyone has another birthday to go to, or their own birthday, or finals is tiring. I just want all my good friends there. And a good amount of them can't be.
Yes, I know I'm whining. I don't care. I'm changing my birthday to August 11th. Nothing goes on in August, right?

No comments: