Monday, December 15, 2008

It's going to be great.

I remember standing in the smoking alley at the Short Stop this time last year and telling my friend Jared that 2008 was going to be really good - I could feel it. I never say that. But this time it felt right. Yes 2008 was going to be the year everything changes.

And here I am, one year later doing the same thing, wondering where the year went.
2008 did start great. I had many promising job prospects, and they all fell through one after another. After my last rejection, my heart couldn't take it anymore and I sorta just said fuck it, my ego can't deal with this anymore. I told myself I'd get back in there but the thought of going through what I went through earlier in the year just puts me back under my rock.

I guess you could say my career life and my romantic life are one in the same. 2008 showed me I was capable of loving again, and I had a taste of it but, once again I was proven wrong and am back under my rock. I don't mind it too much under here, it's safe.

Hopefully 2009 will be the year that brings me out. I'd like to find love, or atleast have someone prove to me it exists. I'd like to find that career where I feel fulfilled. I'd like to find my safe place out from under this rock.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Me too. I completely understand. Everything except thesmoking in the alley at Short Stop, and the job thing. But everything else... It's ike you read my mind.